@Brew162 on Instagram

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Too Much Of A Good Thing?

IS THERE REALLY SUCH A THING AS TOO MUCH BEER? 

There is OJ some where in this fridge...
I don't know about you, but at this moment, I have:
1 mini fridge full of beer,
2 shelves of a regular side by side refrigerator full of beer,
3 shelves worth of on-deck beers in the garage.
So, how is that a bad thing you ask? Because as of this writing, I am already planning on buying more.  3 local breweries are releasing new products that I want to try and if I don't grab them on release day they will be gone.  

The amount of good beer coming out now is amazing and at the same time overwhelming!  Is it all too much? Do I need every can release from my local brewery?  What if I skip this can release? Will I miss out on the most delicious beer ever? If I do, what will happen? Will they take away my Craft Beer Membership? (I actually do have one.)

These are all the questions that go on in my head as I shift beers around in the fridge to make more space or look for room for a useless container of orange juice.

BEER BUYING STRATEGY
I rationally know and understand that if I skip a can release they won't force me to drink Coors Light for the rest of my life (sorry, Coors Light fans).  But I have changed my beer buying habits a bit, so that I can enjoy all the great stuff available while not going broke. One solution that has been working so far has been splitting the booty from these limited releases with my brother.  While I end up having less beers to drink, I also end up spending half as much money.  And while, I have missed out on a few can releases because of real life stuff, I have still been lucky enough to try a few of those beers because friends saved me one or the brewery still had it on tap.

I have stopped going to the beer store "just to look around" to keep myself away from the temptation of making a 6 pack of beers I have never seen before.  Sure, I might not ever try that seasonal beer from Random Brewing company in Shreveport, Louisiana (not a real brewery), but that's life. We don't get to have everything and I am choosing to miss out on some of those brews. I have decided that I am focusing my resources on local stuff. With the amount of good breweries in NJ, NY and PA, I will never run out of stuff to try, but hopefully this approach will keep me from buying beer every week to just every other week.

There is a lot of good craft brews out there and more are coming out each week (or every other week) and while it is not impossible to have them all, I have to set my limits.  So if you are lucky enough to get your hands on all them... Cheers! and maybe save me one....

WHAT IS YOUR BEER BUYING PHILOSPOHY? 
DO YOU BUY IT ALL? BUY ONLY A FAVORITE STYLE OR BREWERY?
LET US KNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!
Let me know what you think!